Lotto Media Ltd collects information from our clients and potential clients at several different points on freenationallotto.com (“Website”) as well as various other types of correspondence including, but not limited to, email, telephone communication, post, questionnaires and through face to face meetings.
The following personal information/data relating to you may be collected by Lotto Media Ltd
Personal Information/data provided by the user:
You may provide Lotto Media Ltd with personal information through forms/fields on the Website, as well as by email or phone. This information may include your name, postal address, email address and phone number (either mobile or landline).
We will not actively collect, store or use personal data from you that is considered ‘sensitive’ such as ethnic origin, medical information, or trade union membership. If you choose to disclose this information to Lotto Media Ltd or Lotto Media Ltd’s agents then that is your choice but you should try to ensure that it is only given when necessary.
Other information/data we collect
As well as personal data we also automatically collect some information to help analyse, hone and improve the Website and service, including:
- A user’s technical information such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address with which your computer or device is connected to the internet, the type of internet browser you are using including the type and version, your operating system, platform and also your time zone.
- Technical Information about the individual visits you make to the Website including the URL (Uniform Resource Locators), the clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); the individual pages you visited and/or searched for; page load times, the length of stay on individual pages, how you interact with the individual pages, the methods you have used to navigate away from individual pages, and finally any personal phone number used to contact Lotto Media Ltd or Lotto Media Ltd’s agents.
Our Brand Partners, both sponsors of the site and particular surveys, may wish to contact you based on your profile, but will only do so subject to your consent and preferences. They operate within the following industry sectors:
- Test Drives
- Online retail
- General stores
- Automotive (including dealerships and accessories)
- Home furnishings
- Home improvement
- Fashion and clothing
- Telecoms and utilities
- Loans, credit cards and mortgages
- Investments & savings
- Claims Companies
- Online Betting
- Online Casino
- Online Poker
- Online Bingo
- Other insurances
- Travel booking
- Health & Well-being
- Media & publishing companies
- Legal Services
- Educational institutions
- Compensation, Legal Services and Personal Injury
Personal Information Sharing
In a limited number of situations Lotto Media Ltd may share your personal information with others, including:
- We will share your personal information amongst Lotto Media Ltd group companies, which includes companies that wither own/partially own Lotto Media Ltd, or entities that are owned/partially owned by Lotto Media Ltd.
- Lotto Media Ltd works closely with selected partners who are chosen for the purpose of providing administrative support, and/or collecting and storing your information. These partners may also provide Lotto Media Ltd with assistance in methods of communication with its users.
- We may share technical information (mentioned above) with search engine providers and analytics companies that enable us to improve and optimise the Website for our users.
- In certain circumstances Lotto Media Ltd may be required to disclose your information if required to do so by law. Lotto Media Ltd will only do this if it is believed that disclosure is absolutely necessary to comply with associated legal processes, court orders, or other judicial proceeding served on us.
- If Lotto Media Ltd goes through a business transition such as being acquired by another company, merging with another company, or selling all or a portion of its assets, your information is likely to be part of the assets transferred.
Personal Information Storage
Lotto Media Ltd will use industry best practices to ensure strict data security procedures and features are used to try and prevent unauthorised access to user data/information.
In certain circumstance your information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). If this occurs Lotto Media Ltd will make sure that it takes all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is transferred securely, although please be aware that the transmission of information is not completely secure, particularly via the internet.
Please be aware that the Website contains links to other companies’ sites and whilst we strive to make sure that we only work with credible businesses/sites Lotto Media Ltd is not responsible for their privacy practices.
The website may also use online survey platforms such as Pollfish or Google Surveys through which their advertising partners may conduct surveys to the users of websites (such as Free National Lotto) or applications. In these circumstances the Website will use and enable Pollfish or Google Surveys cookies for effective administration of the service. If a user responds to the survey then data collected will be associated with your answers to the questionnaires.
Your Rights and Contacting Us
As a valued user of Lotto Media Ltd we grant you the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes and/or to ask that you be removed from our database of users. If you wish to exercise this right then please send us an email to unsubscribe at [email protected] or alternatively click on the link in the footer of one of our emails.
Lotto Media Ltd adheres to the The Data Protection Act 1998 which gives you the right to access the personal information we hold for you. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us by email at [email protected] although please note that this request is subject to a £10 fee which will cover our costs in providing this information to you.